Monday 7 November 2011

I Did It!!!!

WELL!!! Where do I start? I suppose I should begin with my mega achievement…. I made my dress!!!! Very pleased.. I did have a fair bit of help from my Mum (who is a marvelous seamstress by the way). And here it is…
My Christmas Dress
I used a Riley Blake fabric called Christmas Candy, designed by Doodlebug Design inc. I aimed for cute and simple style dress and me and mum worked on the pattern together to make sure it was right. I was even brave enough to add darts *eeeek!!* I was so nervous about sewing it together, but when I got going, I really enjoyed it. My mum added my pockets for me, made from a cute stripe fabric, with hearts, ricrac and a cute blanket stitch detail…. ♥
The Pockets...

My Mum also did the neck and arm bias binding so I had a good idea how to do it.  Then I had a go at the bottom ‘hem’ (not quite a hem with it being binding)… and followed it by adding red and pink ricrac. I think it has a super cute look to it.. and yes I kind of went a little off course, BUT considering it was my very first attempt, I think I did alright! ;)
The bottom 'hem' ;)

I will be attempting another dress with another really cute fabric.  It’s called Appleville.. Designed by Suzy Ultman for Robert Kaufman.  I can already picture it done.. I’ll aim for a similar style dress to the other, but will attempt the lot by myself…. Maybe??!! Haha!
Appleville Fabric.... CUTE!!! ♥

I must also share about my new purchase… They’re super cute and adorable and a little old fashioned… I bought Bloomers!!! I know, a little mad but VERY me!!! Bought from a lovely Etsy shop called Icing Sugar (decorarockstar) They arrived super quick and packaged really lovely too! I wore them to the Craft fayre we were at on Saturday underneath my Christmas dress, over some brown tights… and they did look sweet! Hopefully when I get to wear the outfit again, I’ll get some decent pictures :) … Anyway, Here’s a pic of the bloomers…
BLOOMERS!!!!!! ♥

Seeing as my Mum helped me so much with my dress, I really think you should head over to my Mum’s Facebook page… It’s Bloomin’ Myrtle …. You will LOVE it… She’s a brilliant sewer and my inspiration. She’s got some fab new Christmas stuff coming soon too :)
I’ll leave you with my Etsy Treasury ~ Watch the pretties….♥
Enjoy ♥

No comments: