Thursday 20 September 2007

It's not a mess.... It's creative flair!


There's nothing I like more than to sit down with my beads on a dinner tray (on a beading mat of course) with all the other tools and 'stuff' around me. Often I will be so surrounded that if I need the toilet, its like the krypton factor obstacle course to get out and by the time I get to the loo I'm hopping about and only just sit down in time. Makes even worse when my leg goes dead as well. I'm just dreading the day that puts too much of a delay on my dash for the loo!

Apart from the 'toilet troubles' being stuck in the middle of a load of beads is awesome. I like getting as many out as possible, it's easier to see what goes with what. Often you'll find colours that match that you never thought would. Inspiration is often plentiful. Sometimes I get too many idea's then struggle to decide what would be best! but sometimes I'll sit hours staring, just trying to think. I'll know the colours match etc, but sometimes I don't know how I'm going to put them together, what order (if any), how many strands, full set or just one thing! GRRRR! But sometimes I'll sit down and know exactly what I'm going to do with what beads.

Often my beads look in a state, I try to keep them tidy. I do always keep them protected though, wouldn't want to damage any! Ever! It can be a right pain sorting them out again after jumbling them all up. Sometimes thats the real bug bear, specially when you just want to carry on!


One of my favourite designs is still the 'bow' one. I think it looks soooooo cute. And although the bow looks HUGE in the picture, when its on it actually look very delicate. I made this using Freshwater pearls, Swarovski crystals and glass seed beads, the bow is silk ribbon dyed very prettily (if that's a real word) Matches just beautiful!

Well, off to have a cup of tea and maybe (hopefully) an earlier night.

Hugs and Many Blessings

Claudia

xxxxxxx

Psalm 113:3-5 (New International Version)

3 From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
the name of the LORD is to be praised.

4 The LORD is exalted over all the nations,
his glory above the heavens.

5 Who is like the LORD our God,
the One who sits enthroned on high,


1 comment:

Raspberry Grace said...

Your necklace looks just lovely :) Very feminine and pretty :)

I know what you mean about the worst part being tidying up,after a making spree! :p

love, rasp xx