Sunday 2 September 2007

And here's one I made earlier...


Sundays! Always a busy day for me. Its up early(ish) off to church, back home have dinner, online for a while then off to visit my Nan. Usually we go out to church again from Nan's, but it was a Morning service instead. So I decided to take a small selection of beads with me. Well I say small, My small selection is a craft bag full with my tools bulging from the pockets. Anyway, I made a selection of things while I was there, (as I have now mastered the art of being able to talk and craft at the same time) and still didn't use a 2% of the beads I'm Sure. I made this Beauty though. It's so delicate and pretty, it has to be one of may favourite creations in a while. It has Bali Sterling silver tubes and beads with bright faceted sapphire beads. as you can tell the sapphire's are all different colours so I Put them into a sort of order. There's not just the necklace and Bracelet but also matching earrings (well similar) but they just need to be finished.

I reckon this is one of those pieces you can wear with all sorts and it would match. I can imagine it with jeans and a T-shirt or a posh frock. Either would look nice. But that's sapphires for you. they really are beautiful. I know so many people that didn't realise that sapphires came in so many colours. They thought they were blue and thats it. I soon put them right :) LOL.

Ezekiel 1:25-27

25 Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him.


I also made 2 other pretty necklaces. Both with Chinese Freshwater Pearls, Chinese Cloisonné beads and silver lined seed beads. One has mainly blue, green and pink and the other Pink and white. I am hoping to get pictures of those tomorrow.

I have a real thing for pearls at the moment. There is just something about them. Most people think they are for just 'older' people, but most of my jewellery have freshwater pearls. You can also get those in all the colours under the sun, but obviously most are dyed. But I don't think that matters, they are still rich and Beautiful. And also the many shapes. I happen to like the 'odd' shaped pearl. I suppose they are exciting and versatile.

I have spotted some pearls in the shape of a cross, so they may be next on my list, as I would like to make more 'reflective' jewellery. So watch this space.... LOL

Jonah 2: 7-9

7 "When my life was ebbing away,
I remembered you, LORD,
and my prayer rose to you,
to your holy temple.

8 "Those who cling to worthless idols
forfeit the grace that could be theirs.

9 But I, with a song of thanksgiving,
will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
Salvation comes from the LORD."

I thought I would post this particular verse for 2 reasons. The first is that today at Church the 'talk' was about Jonah, and how he ran away from God. The 2nd is because it gives Hope. Jonah had done wrong, but he repented and God forgave him. He then vowed to do what God had asked of him, and God blessed him. Even Christians today run from what God wants them to do. Doing what God wants isn't always easy, but not doing it will be harder. Of course Jonah found out the hard way. Lets Hope we don't.....

Hugs and Blessings

Claudia
xxxxx

Romans 12:11-13

11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

No comments: